Welcome. Future Child Care Business Owners
Learn More About Starting a Child Care Business with the Benefit of Prosper!
Are You Ready to Make Your Passion a Business?
- Prosper is a new program intended to preserve and grow the number of family child care providers in Martin County.
- The program includes business development curriculum that is combined with business coaching and support services. Participants will go through the program together as a cohort. Prosper provides the tools and support to help you grow and differentiate your child care business.
- Participation costs are funded through a generous grant from the Schmeeckle Foundation. Opportunities to participate in the cohort are limited. Applications to the program are being considered on an ongoing basis.
- As a program participant, you will receive:
- Family Child Care Business Essentials Training
- Child Development Instruction
- Business Coaching
- Access to Grant & Loan Programs
- Marketing and Promotion
- Technology (Laptop, Printer/Scanner)
- Support and encouragement from your peers in the cohort; and introductions to other local early childhood education resources
- Suitable space for providing child care. (Most people use a portion of their home. Grant and loan funds may be available to bring space up to code/compliance, if necessary.)
- To undergo and pass Minnesota’s child care background check.
- To complete an application to be considered for the program. Slots in the cohort will be awarded on a competitive basis.