Welcome. Future Child Care Business Owners
Learn More About Starting a Child Care Business with the Benefit of Prosper!
Are You Ready to Make Your Passion a Business?
- Prosper is a new program intended to preserve and grow the number of family child care providers in Martin County. Individuals wishing to become child care professionals will have the opportunity to participate in a specially-designed, 24-month virutal training and development curriculum.
- The program includes business development curriculum that is combined with business coaching and support services. Participants will go through the program together as a cohort. Prosper provides the tools and support to help you grow and differentiate your child care business.
- Participation costs are funded through a generous grant from the Schmeeckle Foundation. Opportunities to participate in the cohort are limited. Applications to the program are being considered on an ongoing basis.
- Family Child Care Business Essentials Training
- Child Development Instruction
- Business Coaching and Bookkeeping Services
- Access to Grant & Loan Programs
- Marketing and Promotion
- Technology (Laptop, Printer/Scanner)
- Support and encouragement from your peers in the cohort; and introductions to other local early childhood education resources
- Suitable space for providing child care. (Most people use a portion of their home. Grant and loan funds may be available to bring space up to code/compliance, if necessary.)
- To undergo and pass Minnesota’s child care background check.
- To complete an application to be considered for the program. Slots in the cohort will be awarded on a competitive basis.
- Commit to operate your child care business for a period of three years after receiving your license.